Celebrate Chinese New Year!
Chinese New Year provides many cross-curricular opportunities for students to learn about Chinese culture. Below, you’ll find links to crafts and lesson plans to help you celebrate. We have also included a printable color-by-number Chinese lantern. Instruct students to solve the subtraction equations near the bottom of the page and color the drawing by using the difference that corresponds with each color. (For example, 9 – 8 = 1 , and 1 is black, so all the spaces with a 1 should be colored black.) Once students have completed the math and done the coloring, use the lanterns to decorate for your celebration!
- National Geographic Kids: Chinese Horoscopes: Find Your Birth Year Animal!
- One World Nations Online: Chinese New Year Celebrations
- Ancient China Lessons Plans and Activities
- Scholastic: Chinese New Year Activity Ideas
- 10 Ideas for Chinese New Year