Use common, grade-appropriate Greek and Latin affixes and roots as clues to the meaning of a word (e.g., telegraph, photograph, autograph).
- The items in each Simple Solutions lesson are aligned directly with the fourth grade CSS. Teachers always know which standard is being addressed.
- The Topic Guide shows the order in which the standards are introduced.
- Students are assessed weekly. The results provide important feedback that drives further instruction.
- The Help Pages are like having a teacher at home! Students can refer to them whenever a question arises.
To get you started, we have created a fourth grade Common Core ELA lesson for you to use in your classroom right now!
- 4th Grade Greek and Latin SMART Board Lesson (218.6 KiB)
- Greek and Latin Roots Activity Instructions (249.3 KiB)
- Greek And Latin Roots Blank (140.1 KiB)
- Greek And Latin Roots Answer (223.0 KiB)