Reading is the fundamental building block of all learning. Statistics show that the reading habits and achievement levels of students at all levels
Levels 7 and 8 of Simple Solutions Reading Comprehension provide the following:
- 108 lessons of varying styles including fiction (literary works), and, per recent standard changes, 60% nonfiction (informational essays). This combination of styles broadens and deepens students’ ability to comprehend, appreciate, and utilize an array of works.
- Standards-based, text-dependent questions and vocabulary practice with a variety of strategies, including context clues
- Improved comprehension and recall of what is read, including the main idea and pertinent details assessed through multiple choice and/or short answer formats
- A quiz at the end of each unit (18 quizzes in all) and a pre/post-test
- Detailed writing modules that correspond with each of the units
Simple Solutions Reading Comprehension lessons can be done independently as homework or as part of the daily classroom routine. Students learn to self-check their work using answers that teachers provide by reading them aloud or displaying them on a whiteboard. The unit quizzes allow the teacher to assess and monitor student progress, address ongoing struggles, and plan necessary interventions.
Click on the links below to download Simple Solutions Reading Comprehension, Levels 7 and 8 reading and writing sample lessons and guides
 Carbo, M. (2007). Best practices for achieving high, rapid reading gains. Principal, November/December. Retrieved from https://www.naesp.org  Strauss, V. (2016). Most literate nation in the world? Not the U.S., new ranking says. Retrieved from https://washingtonpost.com  Carbo, M. (2007). Best practices for achieving high, rapid reading gains. Principal, November/December. Retrieved from htttps://www.naesp.org
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.