Summer vacation often means car adventures for the entire family. It can be hard enough to get everyone out of the house at one time for a quick trip to grandma’s house, but driving long hours for a family vacation can get to even the most patient of parents.
To help with some of those long hours, we have created a “Summer Adventure” booklet. It is designed to be downloaded and printed at home. Fold into a 16 page booklet and complete in the long hours of riding in the car. Kids can practice their math, geography, reading, and spelling skills without even knowing it. All you need is a pencil and you are ready to go!
Here are some other helpful activities and tips when going on car adventures:
- Other activities created by Summer Solutions: Color by numbers, a summer analogies worksheet, or even a summer brain teaser.
- Eating in the car can lead to its own adventure. This blog has some good tips in eating neatly, inexpensively, and healthfully when traveling in the car.
- The dreaded souvenirs—here are some tips in what not to buy!
- When I travel with (or without the kids) I have a bag of “immediate necessities.” This includes things like wipes, tissues, pens, chargers, band aids and headache relief. Here are more things you can add to that bag!
- Here is a download of a larger map of the United States of America.
Remember the car trip lasts only for hours, but the memories last a lifetime. Enjoy the family time in the car; the kids will grow up before you know it!