Building background knowledge helps to increase reading comprehension and accelerates a student’s ability to learn even more. Simple Solutions Social Studies supports the acquisition of background knowledge in five areas: History, Geography, Economics, Government, and Citizenship. It provides instruction in the form of mini-teachings paired with distributed practice for long-term retention. The series spans grades 2 through 8.
- Levels 2 through 8
- Aligned with Academic Content Standards common to most states
- 140 lessons, 35 weekly quizzes, and Pre-/Post-Test (Levels 2 - 3 have 72 lessons and 18 quizzes)
- Complete Help Pages in Student Edition
- Web-based Curriculum eSources including valuable websites, games, and classroom activities
- $13.75 each for student edition (sold in class sets); Electronic Teachers' Edition is complimentary with purchase.